Solarize Ojai is a program brought to you by the Community Environmental Council (CEC) and the Ojai Valley Green Coalition that makes it simple and affordable for Ojai Valley homeowners to go solar. Our group purchasing model helps local homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process.
HOW DOES SOLARIZE OJAI VALLEY WORK?
CEC first carefully evaluated and selected experienced two solar installer partners for the Solarize Ojai Valley program. These installers have agreed offer a limited time, discounted price to any Ojai Valley residents who go solar through the program. By gathering residents together in a community led effort, Solarize Ojai Valley offers tremendous discounts made possible through collective purchasing. In addition to receiving a great price, Solarize participants gain the peace of mind that their installer has been vetted by a committee of experts.
We are happy to announce our partnership for Solarize Ojai Valley 2016 with two locally owned solar companies:
Solarize Ojai Valley participants also help support CEC’s mission. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.15 per installed watt) that is paid by the solar installers to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
WHY CHOOSE SOLARIZE OJAI VALLEY
Solarize offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Solarize Ojai Valley’s installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembled a committee of local experts which reviewed each firm’s financials, business practices and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing – Through the power of group-purchasing, Solarize Ojai Valley offers a market leading price to go solar. Past Solarize pricing has been 15 – 25 % cheaper than the year- to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Ojai Valley, choosing a technology is simple choice between two options: the value option and the efficiency option – both of which meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A Free Solar Consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at anytime.
SOLARIZE GROUP PURCHASING: A PROVEN MODEL
Solarize Ojai Valley is designed after similar successful Solarize programs in cities such as Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts, and regions including Ventura, Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County. These programs have effectively built up local solar markets and helped community residents go solar with less hassle and for less money. “Solarized” communities continue to lead the nation in solar installations per capita.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Ojai Valley program:
- Live within the service territory (Ojai Valley)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period.
Our resources page contains some basic information about getting started with solar, financing and rebates.
SOLARIZE IN THE NEWS
Solarize group-purchase program returns to Santa Ynez Valley. Santa Ynez Valley News. June 24, 2016.
East Ventura group to hear about solar energy and SUSTAIN VC. Ventura County Star. June 13, 2016.
Solarize Santa Barbara Workshop. Noozhawk. June 2, 2016.
Solarize Santa Barbara Launches. Independent. May 28, 2016.
Solar energy crosses into the mainstream in Ventura County. VC Star. May 21, 2016.
Solar energy crosses into the mainstream in Ventura County. ENERGY NEWS CYPRUS. May 21, 2016.
“A Billion Watts for the South Coast” by Sigrid Wright. Independent. May 19, 2016.
“Solarize Ventura” Offers Local Homeowners Solar Education and Discounts. Citizen’s Journal. April 22, 2016.
Solarize Ventura offers local homeowners solar education and discounts. Public. April 19, 2016.