New townhouses exemplify “Fossil Free by ‘33” values
Not many new homes are being constructed anywhere these days, but Santa Barbara has a new development coming soon. City Ventures is bringing 48 LEED Platinum townhomes to East Beach. This residential project exemplifies Fossil Free by ’33.
- The homes are super energy efficient - outfitted with energy efficient appliances and are all electric, natural gas free.
- They are constructed with many recycled and sustainable materials.
- Each townhome includes solar power.
- To top it off, each unit will also be pre-wired for electric vehicle charging.
The units qualify as workforce housing, starting in the $400,000s for a two bedroom downtown Santa Barbara condo. The hope is that some teachers, firemen, nurses, and other Santa Barbara workers will choose to buy here in the communities they work in, rather than commute from lower priced housing in Ventura or Santa Maria. The condos are close to workplaces and recreation, downtown shopping and entertainment, and in a great location for walking, biking, and taking transit.
We hope City Ventures and their East Beach Collection is a hit in this community and proves that downtown Santa Barbara wants green, workforce housing, not expensive second home luxury condos.
- News from CEC
- Get Involved
- Action Alert
- Personal Stories
- Solar Power
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Smart Products
- Local Food
- Energy Efficient Buildings
- Sustainable Transportation
- Renewable Energy
- Wind Power