WHO WE ARE
We are a network of social justice and environmental organizations and leaders committed to a climate movement that advances social, economic, and environmental justice for Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. Read our Charter.
Our vision is to create a more resilient and just region in the face of climate change by leading a just transition away from fossil fuels while transforming current social, economic, and environmental systems and conditions in ways that advance the welfare of our region’s most impacted communities.
Our mission is to forge a regional partnership between social justice and environmental movements to expand our collective power, so we can advance restorative actions and systems change centering on communities who bear the greatest burden of climate change impacts.
- Representative leadership. Leadership and decision-making that directly involves the most-impacted communities.
- Self-determination. Communities determine their own destiny.
- Equity. All are welcome, share access and benefits, and create fairness.
- Courage and compassion. Our action is fueled by the love for our communities, families, friends and the earth.
- Self-reflection and growth. Openness to difficult dialogue that is grounded in honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Heal Historic Harms. Build reconciliation and accountability for legacies of injustice, mend divides, and focus benefits on communities that have borne the greatest impacts.
- Challenge Unjust Power. Confront and resist agents and institutions of oppression and environmental degradation.
- Community Health. Holistic well-being of people and the environment.
- Peace. End violence and advance harmony in our communities.
- Organizing. Grow grassroots power, leadership, and representation among a broad base of people.
- Transformation. Change deeply-rooted systems, power dynamics, and relationships to advance climate justice.
Contact us if you want to hear more about our work or want to share your vision for regional climate justice with the network!
350 Santa Barbara
350 Ventura County Climate Hub
Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)
Community Environmental Council
Food & Water Watch Central Coast
Fund for Santa Barbara
Future Leaders of America
Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project (MICOP)
Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
Sierra Club Los Padres Chapter
UCSB Environmental and Climate Justice Hub
Environmental Defense Center