The County Board of Supervisors just voted to fund the next steps for developing a local Community Choice Energy program, bringing us one step closer to a clean energy future. Today’s vote will continue the County’s progress toward launching this powerful tool which can offer our region cleaner electricity at competitive, and possibly even less expensive, rates. With funding now budgeted, the County will be poised to move into the next phases of development without undue delay.
Thanks to the hundreds of supporters who wrote letters, signed petitions or spoke at today’s hearing. Together we are helping move Santa Barbara County to a clean energy future.
Take two minutes now to sign the letter of support below.
On Wednesday, June 15, the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors will vote on funding to go towards a local Community Choice Energy program. This program is a powerful tool that would provide county residents with cleaner electricity from renewable sources like solar and wind, all for prices competitive with or cheaper than our current utility.
Wednesday’s budget hearing is the best opportunity to secure funding for Community Choice Energy and continue progress toward launching a local program.
Community Choice Energy Programs in Marin, Sonoma, Lancaster and San Francisco have all demonstrated that CCE provides:
- Cleaner electricity with lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Competitive and most often cheaper electricity rates
- Local control and local accountability of our energy provider
- New opportunities for local renewable energy projects and high paying, union jobs
Urge our Supervisors to support Community Choice Energy and vote yes for CCE funding by signing on to our letter today.
Want to take more action?
1) Speak at the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Budget Hearing
Date: Wednesday, June 15
Location: County Admin 4th Floor, Board Hearing Room – 105 E Anapamu St.
Time: Community Choice Energy is scheduled be heard under Community Services Budget at 10:45 am, with public comment beginning at 11:45 am. **If the hearing is behind schedule, public comment may get pushed until after lunch**
2) Personalize a letter to the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors
Customize and sign a letter of support, and send the signed letter to the Santa Barbara County Clerk of the Board, email@example.com.
Latest posts by Nicole Wald (see all)
- Combatting Hunger and Pollution with CalRecycle Grant #Rethink Food - May 14, 2019
- Action Alert: Stop Risky Oil Development in Santa Barbara County - March 8, 2019
- Saving Money by Driving Electric #driveclean - February 11, 2019