HOW YOU CAN TAKE ACTION
- Want to get 120 mpg equivalent with zero tailpipe emissions? There are now over 40 models of electric or plug-in hybrid cars, SUVs and minivans on the market. Learn how to get incentives that can make driving electric more affordable than burning oil with ElectricDrive805.
- Want to get electric vehicle charging stations at your work, condo or apartment complex? Reach out to your employer or property manager to advocate for charging stations. SCE’S Charge Ready and PG&E’s EV Charge are programs that pay for most of the costs!
- Driving an EV cuts greenhouse gas emissions by 75% per mile, but powering it with sunshine is even better (and surprisingly affordable). See CEC’s blog to learn how your neighbors are Driving on Sunshine.
WHY DRIVE CLEAN MATTERS
About 50% of the energy used in our county goes to move people and goods, and the vast majority of this is for personal transportation. CEC’s vision is that people in our region drive efficient cars powered by clean energy. Transitioning to more efficient electric vehicles and using renewable energy to charge these vehicles are central components of CEC’s plan to move the Santa Barbara region away from fossil fuels in one generation.
WHAT CEC IS DOING
Here are some of the specific actions CEC is taking. We invite you to learn more and get involved.
Plug in Santa Barbara
CEC is working with local businesses and cities to bring more electric vehicle charging stations to the Central Coast. To date we have helped bring over 360 charging stations to our region. Learn how you can get involved.
Driving on Sunshine
Over 39% of electric vehicle drivers in California power their homes, and their cars, with solar. CEC’s Solarize Programs are helping homeowners make the switch to solar power. Learn how you can get involved.
Green Car Shows
CEC hosts three Green Car Shows each year to help educate and expose Central Coast residents to the latest in renewable energy transportation. Learn how you can get involved.
Drive Clean Resources & Blog
Moving toward a clean energy future will require new modes of transportation, and we’re working to help you make the transition with fact sheets, Get Started Guides, and stories of others who have made the switch to an electric car. Click on any of the links below to explore these resources.
- CEC’s Drive Clean Blog
- The Road Ahead: Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles & Hydrogen
- Electric Vehicle Readiness Plan for Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo Counties (external URL)
- Driving on Sunshine (pdf)
- California Clean Vehicle Rebates (external URL)
- EV 101 Presentation (pdf)
- Plugshare.com to find electric vehicle charging stations (external URL)
- Plug In Cars (external URL)
- Southern California Edison (external URL)