CEC organizes three Green Car Shows per year in the Central Coast region to showcase the latest technology in the automotive industry. Our next show will take place Wednesday, July 4 as part of the Sierra Club Green Block at the City of Ventura’s 4th of July Street Fair. The show will display the latest electric vehicles (EVs) as well as many of the dozens of models of hybrid vehicles, which now come in all shapes and sizes — from the most efficient small sedans to larger hybrid cars, SUVs, and luxury vehicles.
Ventura Green Car Show and Green Block
Wednesday, July 4: 10am – 5pm
Oak Street between Main and Santa Clara streets
- “Owners Corner” – New this year! — Attendees can talk with local EV owners and check out their cars. This includes a Chevrolet Volt and a Nissan Leaf – some of the first of a dozen EVs that will be available by the end of this year.
- The eye catching Tesla Roadster will be back again. This all electric sports car goes 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, but is rated by the EPA at an amazing 119 mpg equivalent.
- Visit the CEC booth in the “Green Block” to learn more about what we’re doing to end our dependency on fossil fuels.
- While in downtown Ventura, visit the 10 new public electric vehicle charging stations that the City recently installed in the downtown and waterfront parking garages, and at City Hall (501 Poli Street).
- Also, see Patagonia’s two new charging stations (259 West Santa Clara Street).
While most of the time electric car drivers charge up conveniently at home while they sleep, new charging stations in Ventura, Ojai, Thousand Oaks, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and all across California make it easy to visit neighboring cities.
Remember, carpooling makes every car a greener car, but it’s even better to skip the parking hassles and walk, bike, take the bus or the train to the event!
Michael Chiacos is the Transportation Chair of the Los Padres Chapter of the Sierra Club, the Transportation Specialist at the Community Environmental Council, and the organizer of the Ventura Green Car Show. Read the full article in the Ventura County Star.
Latest posts by Michael Chiacos (see all)
- Local Politician Supports the Green Economy – In the State Assembly and at Home - January 27, 2015
- CEC to showcase electric vehicles for every style and budget - September 12, 2014
- Central Coast installs over 200 EV charging stations - February 11, 2014