MASSIVE, RAPID CHANGE IS POSSIBLE – AND THE WINDOW TO ACT IS NOW. DOUBLE YOUR DONATION TODAY.
During the pandemic, the climate crisis has not slowed down, and neither has CEC. Advancing rapid and equitable solutions to climate change has never been as urgent.
We continue to combat the crisis and build climate resilience through our work by:
- Preventing 60 tons of restaurant-quality produce and prepared food from going to the landfill and instead directing it to organizations that feed people facing hunger.
- Successfully advocating for Santa Barbara’s first wind farm now under construction, which will double the county’s renewable energy and generate enough clean electricity for 43,000 homes.
- Installing hydration stations that serve 37,136 students and staff in Santa Barbara and Ventura County schools, allowing them to ditch single-use plastic water bottles.
- Supporting zero-emission transportation efforts by installing 1,000 public electric vehicle charging stations, and working with low-income communities to increase access to electric vehicles.
- Partnering with a dozen organizations in the Central Coast Climate Justice Network to address root causes of the climate crisis and advance the welfare of our region’s most impacted communities.
Your support will help CEC continue to foster community resilience, bringing together diverse stakeholders from across the region to ensure that everyone is heard, cared for, and prepared to weather the literal and figurative storms ahead. If we can do this, it will be our region’s superpower.
All donations made by August 15, 2020 will be DOUBLED by CEC’s Leadership Match Fund.
For fifty years, CEC has incubated and innovated real life environmental solutions that directly affect the California Central Coast. Our current work advances rapid and equitable solutions to the climate crisis – including ambitious zero carbon goals, drawdown of excess carbon, and protection against the impacts of climate change. Our programs lead to clean vehicles, solar energy, resilient food systems and reduction of single-use plastic.
We are committed to providing transparency to our donors, making us one of only a small handful of nonprofits in Santa Barbara County to consistently earn high ratings on Charity Navigator and Guidestar.