Are you a local nonprofit that works for social good? Contact us today to learn how you can install quality photovoltaic solar systems, with no upfront costs.
How the Program Works
Solarize Nonprofit creates an affordable, accessible pathway to solar power. First, we help your nonprofit organization install a solar system so your business can run on clean energy. Within about six years, your organization will fully own the solar system, translating to tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings on your electric bills over time.
This program is run in partnership by Community Environmental Council (CEC) and Asteri Solar.
CEC works closely with your organization and the selected solar provider throughout the process to ensure that equipment, systems, workmanship and contracts are carefully considered. Asteri purchases the solar system and then sells the energy directly to your nonprofit for about 5 years. At the beginning of year 6, nonprofits can purchase the systems at the fair market value and fully capture the economic benefits of solar ownership. Learn more about the program in this press release.
How To Apply
To begin the application process, simply fill out the form below. We’ll contact you to learn more about your organization and solar needs.
Nonprofits are selected for participation based on the investment guidelines of Asteri Solar, which seeks to support nonprofit organizations that provide social benefits to the Santa Barbara and Ventura County communities.
Solarize Nonprofit Success Stories
Santa Barbara Middle School
- 56.5 kW system
- Installed by California Solar Electric in winter 2020
- Projected to save the school about $250,000 over the next 30 years
- 13.68 kW system
- Installed by California Solar Electric in April 2020
- Projected to save the organization about $150,000 over the next 30 years
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center
- 57.6 kW system
- Installed by Sun Pacific Solar Electric in October 2019
- Projected to save the organization over $340,000 over the next 30 years
- PRESS RELEASE: SBMNH Sea Center Goes Solar with Solarize Nonprofit Program
Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
- 40 kW system
- Installed by Good Energy Solar in June 2019
- Projected to save the organization $200,000 over the next 30 years
Girls Inc of Carpinteria
- 30 kW system
- Installed by Sun Pacific Solar Electric in March 2019
- Projected to save the organization $300,000 over the next 30 years
- PRESS RELEASE: Solarize Nonprofit Program Helps Girls Inc. of Carpinteria Go Solar
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Total Installed: 251.48 kW (DC)
- Wildling Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center
- Girls Inc of Carpinteria
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Central Coast - Santa Maria Campus
- Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- Planned Parenthood San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara Middle School