Solarize Nonprofit is a partnership between the Community Environmental Council and Asteri Solar, a local funder. The goal of the program is to help nonprofit organizations in Santa Barbara County and surrounding areas install photovoltaic solar systems, free of charge.
Local nonprofits benefit from reduced energy payments, a pathway to solar system ownership, and the ability to run off of renewable energy.
Pilot Program Details
The initial pilot program aims to install 200kw of solar systems on local nonprofit organizations by the end of 2019. Area nonprofits will be selected for participation based on the investment guidelines of Asteri Solar, which hopes to support nonprofit organizations that provide social benefits to the Santa Barbara County and surrounding community.
The Community Environmental Council provides individual consultation to nonprofit organizations and solar providers to ensure that equipment, systems, workmanship and contracts are carefully considered.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center
- 57.6 kw system
- Installed by Sun Pacific Solar Electric in October 2019
- Projected to save the organization over $340,000 in the next 25 years
- PRESS RELEASE: SBMNH Sea Center Goes Solar with Solarize Nonprofit Program
Girls Inc of Carpinteria
- 30kw system
- Installed by Sun Pacific Solar Electric in March 2019
- Projected to save the organization $300,000 in the next 25 years
- PRESS RELEASE: Solarize Nonprofit Program Helps Girls Inc. of Carpinteria Go Solar
Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- 8.5kw system
- Installed by Good Energy Solar in March 2018
Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
- 40kw system
- Installed by Good Energy Solar in June 2019
- Projected to save the organization $200,000 in the next 25 years
Boys and Girls Clubs of the Central Coast - Santa Maria Campus
- 22kw system
- Installed by California Solar Electric in July 2019
- Projected to save the organization $300,000 in the next 30 years