WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Attend CEC’s free webinar, Solarize Santa Barbara – Residential Solar and Battery Storage 101 on Thursday, August 6 at 12:00 p.m. PDT to learn how our program makes it easier and more affordable to go solar, add home battery storage, or both.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss:
- Basics of adding solar panels to your residence
- Benefits and basics of also adding solar-paired battery storage systems
- Incentives, tax credits, and other financial considerations for going solar
- The Solarize program’s discounted prices, vetted installers and equipment
ABOUT CEC’s SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA
WHAT IS SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA?
CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara is a program that makes it easier and more affordable for local homeowners to go solar. We use a group purchasing model and pass the savings on so that homeowners can install solar electricity and battery storage systems at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process. Previous Solarize Santa Barbara programs have already helped 313 homeowners go solar.
WHEN DOES SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA RUN?
This year, CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara program runs July 28 – October 31, 2020.
HOW DOES SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA WORK?
- CEC works with energy experts and community representatives to carefully evaluate and select experienced solar and home battery storage installers for the Solarize Santa Barbara program. These companies agree to offer limited-time, discounted prices to homeowners who go through the program.
- You apply to participate in Solarize Santa Barbara. If you prefer, you can first attend CEC’s free webinar, Solarize Santa Barbara – Residential Solar and Battery Storage 101 on Thursday, August 6 at 12:00 p.m. PDT.
- CEC staff contact you to talk through program options, answer questions, and help you get set up with an installation partner.
- The installation partner works with you to determine your needs and you sign a contract.
- Your solar panels and/or battery storage system is installed.
- Your electricity savings begin!
Solarize Santa Barbara participants also help support CEC’s mission. For each purchase, the solar installers agree to pay a small fee ($0.15 per installed watt) to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
WHO PROVIDES THE SOLAR INSTALLATION?
This year, we are proud to partner with three vetted, local companies: Brighten Solar, California Solar Electric, and Sun Pacific Solar.
WHY IS SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA GOOD FOR ME?
CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Our installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembles a committee of local experts to review each firm’s financials, business practices, and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top-quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing –The selected vendors have lowered their prices for Solarize participants. Past Solarize pricing has been 10 – 15 % cheaper than the year-to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Santa Barbara, all of the panels, inverters and batteries meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A free solar consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at any time.
- An option for battery storage – A battery system can be a great purchase for residents who want to have power when the grid goes down – something our region experienced on a wide scale multiple times during the fire season of 2019. The battery options we offer are eligible for Southern California Edison’s “self-generation” incentives, which bring down the price of battery systems for many participants.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Santa Barbara program:
- Live within the service territory (Southern Santa Barbara County)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period.
HOW DO I APPLY OR LEARN MORE?
HOW CAN I HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA?
Share CEC’s Solarize program through your personal or organization newsletters and social media channels – see our Solarize Social Media Toolkit for cut-and-paste text and images, along with ideas for how you can get the word out.