WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Frequently Asked Questions about solar
Read up on the FAQs of going solar >
Join us for a webinar
CEC’s free webinars show how our program makes it easier and more affordable to go solar, add home battery systems, or even charge your electric vehicle with solar energy. Recordings of our webinars: Home Solar, Electric Vehicles and Battery Systems: Affordable Options for Your Lifestyle as well as Residential Solar and Battery Storage 101, are below.
In the webinars, we discuss:
- Basics of adding solar panels to your residence
- Benefits and basics of also adding solar-paired battery systems
- Incentives, tax credits, and other financial considerations for going solar
- The Solarize program’s discounted prices, vetted installers and equipment
- How driving an electric vehicle pairs perfectly with going solar
ABOUT CEC’s SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA
WHAT IS SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA?
CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara is a program that makes it easier and more affordable for local homeowners to go solar. We use a group purchasing model and pass the savings on so that homeowners can install solar electricity and battery systems at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process. Previous Solarize Santa Barbara programs have already helped 313 homeowners go solar.
WHEN DOES SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA RUN?
This year, CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara program runs July 28 –
October 31, November 15, 2020.
HOW DOES SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA WORK?
- CEC vets companies and negotiates discounts – CEC works with energy experts and community representatives to carefully evaluate and select experienced solar and home battery system installers for the Solarize Santa Barbara program. These companies agree to offer limited-time, discounted prices to homeowners who go through the program.
- Apply on our website – You apply to participate in Solarize Santa Barbara. If you prefer, you can first watch one of CEC’s free webinars, Residential Solar and Battery Storage 101 or Home Solar, Electric Vehicles, and Battery Systems: Affordable Options for Your Lifestyle.
- Talk with solar coach – After you apply, CEC staff contact you to talk through program options, answer any of your questions, and help you get set up with an installation partner.
- Get custom quotes – The installation partner works with you to determine your needs (no obligation), and once they are met, you sign a contract.
- Install your solar system – After you’ve signed a contract, your solar panels and/or battery system is installed.
- Start Saving! – Once you’ve switched to solar, you begin saving both money and the environment!
Solarize Santa Barbara participants also help support CEC’s mission. For each purchase, the solar installers agree to pay a small fee ($0.15 per installed watt) to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
WHO PROVIDES THE SOLAR INSTALLATION?
This year, we are proud to partner with three vetted, local companies: Brighten Solar, California Solar Electric, and Sun Pacific Solar.
WHY IS SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA RIGHT FOR ME?
CEC’s Solarize Santa Barbara offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Our installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembles a committee of local experts to review each firm’s financials, business practices, and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top-quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing –The selected vendors have lowered their prices for Solarize participants. Past Solarize pricing has been 10 – 15 % cheaper than the year-to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Santa Barbara, all of the panels, inverters and batteries meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A free solar consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at any time.
- An option for home battery systems – A battery system can be a great purchase for residents who want to have power when the grid goes down – something our region experienced on a wide scale multiple times during the fire season of 2019.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Santa Barbara program:
- Live within the service territory (Southern Santa Barbara County)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period.