Program Open Through July 31, 2019
Solarize Ventura is a program by the Community Environmental Council (CEC) in partnership with the City of Ventura that makes it easier and more affordable for local homeowners to go solar. This group purchasing model helps homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process.
Previous Solarize programs have already helped 736 homeowners go solar.
HOW DOES THE SOLARIZE PROGRAM WORK?
CEC first carefully evaluated and selected an experienced solar installer partner for the Solarize Ventura program. This installer has agreed to offer a limited time, discounted price to any homeowners who go solar through the program. By gathering residents together in a community led effort, Solarize Ventura offers tremendous discounts made possible through collective purchasing. In addition to receiving a great price, Solarize participants gain the peace of mind that their installer has been vetted by a local committee of experts.
Solarize Ventura 2019 is happy to announce our partnership with Coastal Solar, a vetted, local, solar company.
Solarize Ventura participants also help support CEC’s mission. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.15 per installed watt) that is paid by the solar installers to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
The Solarize Ventura program will also offer residents options for solar-paired energy storage. A battery system may be a great purchase for residents who want to avoid high peak energy prices by storing energy during the day, and using that stored energy in the evenings. The battery option available through Solarize Ventura is eligible for Southern California Edison’s “self generation” incentives, which brings down the prices of battery systems for many participants.
WHY CHOOSE SOLARIZE VENTURA
Solarize offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Solarize’s installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembled a committee of local experts which reviewed each firm’s financials, business practices and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing – Through the power of group-purchasing, CEC’s Solarize program offers a market leading price to go solar. Past Solarize pricing has been 10 – 20 % cheaper than the year- to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Ventura, choosing a technology is a simple choice between two options: the value option and the efficiency option – both of which meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance. Our installers also offer options for energy storage technologies that have “load shifting” capabilities.
- A Free Solar Consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at anytime.
SOLARIZE GROUP PURCHASING: A PROVEN MODEL
Solarize Ventura is designed after similar successful Solarize programs in cities such as Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts, and regions including Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez Valley, Ojai and San Luis Obispo County. These programs have effectively built up local solar markets and helped community residents go solar with less hassle and for less money.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Ventura program:
- Live within the service territory (Ventura City)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period.