Internship Opportunity: Electric Vehicle Education and Outreach Intern (paid)
Posted: February 4, 2021
Applications due: Until position is filled
About the Community Environmental Council
CEC is a fast-paced nonprofit based in Santa Barbara and serving the California Central Coast, with a reputation for positive social change and community engagement. Since 1970, CEC has been a leader in creative solutions to tough environmental problems. The CEC team is a highly committed and energetic group, with an internal culture that values collaboration, ongoing learning, and innovation.
With its current focus in the tri-county region to promote rapid and equitable solutions to the climate crisis, CEC is known for organizing the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival, advancing 100% renewable energy goals, and developing campaigns to #gosolar, #driveless, #driveclean #ditchplastic, and #rethinkfood. CEC’s primary objectives are to: 1) Achieve Carbon Zero Communities; 2) Promote nature-based solutions to draw down excess carbon emissions; and 3) Protect against unavoidable climate impacts. Visit www.CECSB.org and www.facebook.com/cecsb to learn more about our work and history.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Project Internship Opportunity
Our Ideal Candidate Is
- Passionate about CEC’s mission and programs, and eager to learn about electric vehicles (EVs) and connect low-to-moderate income community members with grants and incentives that make EVs more accessible.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Able to support the recruitment and coordination of volunteers with team leads.
- Connections to community groups and network in Ventura County, particularly Oxnard or Ventura, is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable calling community members to answer their EV questions and guide them through the various incentive programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint preferred but not required.
- Able to provide outstanding client service and support on the phone, in emails, and via text messages.
- Is highly collaborative and able to work cooperatively with team leads and volunteers.
Intern Functions & Responsibilities
Become knowledgeable about EVs
Purchase guidance volunteer support
EV purchase guidance support:
Attend/Assist with EV virtual workshops
Develop content for CEC publications, blogs, posts, press releases, and reports
Provide research and administrative support as needed
Forecasted hours: 10-15 hrs/week. 500 hours total in 2021. All work will comply with COVID-19 public health and safety guidelines that are in effect. We anticipate that most work will be remote. Intern preferably will supply their own workspace, including computer, stable internet access, and cell phone, though CEC may be able to provide a computer if needed. Intern will report to Energy Program staff.
Compensation & Benefits
$15/hour, no benefits.
email resume and cover letter to Cameron Gray at [email protected]