Governor Jerry Brown signed SB 350 into law on October 7, 2015. The bill will make buildings more energy efficient and require California to generate 50% of its electricity from renewable sources such as solar and wind by 2030.
What you can do right now
1) Sign this letter today and email to:
2) Call Assembly Member Das Williams at 916-319-2037
Why this matters
One of the most important pieces of climate legislation in the country – SB 350 – is under attack and urgently needs your help.
SB 350 would codify Governor Brown’s pledge to reduce California’s greenhouse gas emissions. If passed, our state would accomplish the following by 2030:
- reduce petroleum use in cars and trucks by 50%
- double the energy efficiency of buildings
- produce 50% of its electricity from renewable sources like wind and solar
However, proposed amendments by utilities threaten to undermine one of the most important tools that California cities and counties have to reduce greenhouse gas emissions: Community Choice Energy (also known as Community Choice Aggregation).
CEC has been working hard to develop programs and support policies that will reduce the impacts of Climate Change. Community Choice is the single most effective action that the Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo region can take to rapidly increase adoption of renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We need your help to make sure SB 350 moves forward, without the utility amendments.
The California State Assembly is considering the proposed amendments today.
Tell your legislators that you support SB 350 without the SDG&E amendments, which would harm Community Choice Energy. Send a letter or call TODAY.
Latest posts by Nicole Wald (see all)
- 50 Years After the Santa Barbara Oil Spill: A Call to Action #actonclimate - January 15, 2019
- Sustainable Future: A Goal-Setting Community #actonclimate - December 23, 2018
- Retired Fire Chief and Green Business Leaders Join CEC #cecfamily - December 6, 2018