For CEC's Green Gala 2012, we once again partnered with Merryl Brown Events to create unforgettable decor and an explosion of color, movement and music. This fabulous annual event is not only incredibly beautiful, but has historically earned the title of the award-winning, eco-chic party of the year.
Want to be notified about Green Gala news and all that's going on at CEC? Sign up for email alerts.
Green Gala 2012 Photos
CEC's Green Gala features local and organic selections from food and beverage artisans such as Full of Life Flatbread, Green Star Coffee, RND Vodka, Leiff Winery, and others. Typically, 97% of our waste is diverted from the landfill (and yes, we sort and weigh every item, thanks to Green Project Consultants).
The 2009, 2010, and 2011 Green Galas both achieved waste diversion levels of 97%. Most of the total waste generated by the events was recycled or composted. These numbers far exceed waste management practices of any standard event and are exemplary even for an event striving to be considered “zero waste.” The remaining 3% of trash resulted in large part out of the necessity to package delivered food.
CEC’s Green Gala is produced by the talented team at Merryl Brown Events, winner of the International Special Events Society (ISES) Esprit Awards for “Best Green Solution” for CEC's 2010 and 2011 Green Galas - her third year in a row to be nominated for this prestigious award. She also won the BizBash West award for Social Planner of the Year and was a finalist for "Best Green Initiative."
Event Production Video
2012 Event Sponsors