Solarize Santa Barbara is a Community Environmental Council (CEC) program that makes it simple and affordable for local homeowners to go solar. Our group purchasing model helps local homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process. CEC’s programs have already helped nearly 500 Central Coast homeowners go solar.
HOW DOES SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA WORK?
CEC first carefully evaluated and selected experienced two solar installer partners for the Solarize Santa Barbara program. These installers have agreed offer a limited time, discounted price to any Southern Santa Barbara County residents who go solar through the program. By gathering residents together in a community led effort, Solarize Santa Barbara offers tremendous discounts made possible through collective purchasing. In addition to receiving a great price, Solarize participants gain the peace of mind that their installer has been vetted by a committee of experts.
Solarize Santa Barbara participants also help support CEC’s mission. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.15 per installed watt) that is paid by the solar installers to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
WHY CHOOSE SOLARIZE SANTA BARBARA
Solarize offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Solarize Santa Barbara’s installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembled a committee of local experts which reviewed each firm’s financials, business practices and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing – Through the power of group-purchasing, Solarize Santa Barbara offers a market leading price to go solar. Past Solarize pricing has been 15 – 25 % cheaper than the year- to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Santa Barbara, choosing a technology is simple choice between two options: the value option and the efficiency option – both of which meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A Free Solar Consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at any time.
SOLARIZE GROUP PURCHASING: A PROVEN MODEL
Solarize Santa Barbara is designed after similar successful Solarize programs in cities such as Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts, and regions including Ojai Valley, Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County. These programs have effectively built up local solar markets and helped community residents go solar with less hassle and for less money. “Solarized” communities continue to lead the nation in solar installations per capita.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Santa Barbara program:
- Live within Southern Santa Barbara County (Carpinteria, Montecito, Summerland, Goleta, Gaviota, Santa Barbara and the surrounding unincorporated areas, within Southern California (SCE) service territory);
- Own a suitable home for solar installation;
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period of May 24th- August 17th 2016.
Our resources page contains some basic information about getting started with solar, financing and rebates.
SOLARIZE IN THE NEWS
Solarize Santa Barbara Workshop. Noozhawk. June 2, 2016.
Solarize Santa Barbara Launches. Independent. May 28, 2016.
Solar energy crosses into the mainstream in Ventura County. VC Star. May 21, 2016.
Solar energy crosses into the mainstream in Ventura County. ENERGY NEWS CYPRUS. May 21, 2016.
“A Billion Watts for the South Coast” by Sigrid Wright. Independent. May 19, 2016.
“Solarize Ventura” Offers Local Homeowners Solar Education and Discounts. Citizen’s Journal. April 22, 2016.