Solarize Ventura Program open April 22 – July 18, 2015.
You can go solar. We can help.
Solarize Ventura is a program brought to you by the Community Environmental Council (CEC) in partnership with The City of Ventura that makes it simple and affordable for Ventura homeowners to go solar. Our group purchasing model helps local homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE?
Anyone who meets these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Ventura program:
- Live within the City of Ventura or surrounding incorporated area (zip codes 93001, 93003, and 93004)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period (April 22, 2015 through July 18, 2015).
HOW DOES SOLARIZE VENTURA WORK?
CEC first carefully evaluated and selected experienced three solar installer partners for the Solarize Ventura program. These installers have agreed offer a limited time, discounted price to any Ventura residents who go solar through the program. By gathering residents together in a community led effort, Solarize Ventura offers tremendous discounts made possible through collective purchasing. In addition to receiving a great price, Solarize participants gain the peace of mind that their installer has been vetted by a committee of experts.
Solarize Ventura participants also help support CEC’s mission. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.15 per installed watt) that is paid by the solar installers to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
Solarize Group Purchasing: A Proven Model
Solarize Ventura is designed after similar successful Solarize programs in cities such as Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts, and regions including Ojai Valley, Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County. These programs have effectively built up local solar markets and helped community members go solar with less hassle and for less money. “Solarized” communities continue to lead the nation in solar installations per capita.
Why Choose Solarize Ventura
Solarize offer local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Solarize Ventura’s installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembled a committee of local experts which reviewed the firm’s financials, business practices and technologies offered. The committee also checked references for the firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing – Through the power of group-purchasing, Solarize Ventura offers a market leading price to go solar. Past Solarize pricing has been 15 – 20 % cheaper than the year- to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Ventura, choosing a technology is simple choice between two options: the value option and the efficiency option – both of which meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A Free Solar Consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at any time
How do I sign up to learn more?
You are also encouraged to attend a free solar workshop. At the workshops, we explain solar technologies, energy efficiency, solar financing options and most importantly – how going solar can save you money.