Solarize Ventura is a program brought to you by the Community Environmental Council (CEC) in partnership with The City of Ventura that makes it simple and affordable for Ventura homeowners to go solar. Our group purchasing model helps local homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process.
Who is qualified to participate?
Homeowners who meet these three simple qualifications are eligible for savings through the Solarize Ventura program:
- Live within the City of Ventura or surrounding incorporated area (zip codes 93001, 93003, and 93004)
- Own a suitable home for solar installation
- Sign a contract with one of our pre-qualified and vetted installers during the designated Solarize program time period.
How does Solarize Ventura work?
CEC first carefully evaluated and selected experienced two solar installer partners for the Solarize Ventura program. These installers have agreed offer a limited time, discounted price to any Ventura residents who go solar through the program. By gathering residents together in a community led effort, Solarize Ventura offers tremendous discounts made possible through collective purchasing. In addition to receiving a great price, Solarize participants gain the peace of mind that their installer has been vetted by a committee of experts.
We are happy to announce our partnership for Solarize Ventura 2016 with two locally owned solar companies:
Solarize Ventura participants also help support CEC’s mission. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.15 per installed watt) that is paid by the solar installers to CEC, with no additional cost to the homeowner. This fee helps CEC continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining.
Why Choose Solarize Ventura
Solarize offers local homeowners:
- Peace of mind – Solarize Ventura’s installer partners are selected through an exhaustive vetting process. CEC assembled a committee of local experts which reviewed each firm’s financials, business practices and technologies offered. The committee also checked homeowner references for each firm. Thus Solarize participants can rest assured that they are working with a proven company with a history of top quality installations and customer service.
- Discounted pricing – Through the power of group-purchasing, Solarize Ventura offers a market leading price to go solar. Past Solarize pricing has been 15 – 25 % cheaper than the year- to-date average price in each local market.
- Verified technologies – Making sure that you are getting the right solar panels and inverter is a common stumbling block to many solar customers. Through Solarize Ventura, choosing a technology is simple choice between two options: the value option and the efficiency option – both of which meet the program’s rigorous standards for technological performance.
- A Free Solar Consultant – The Solarize Program Manager acts as your personal solar coach and advocate throughout the entire process. The program manager provides an initial consultation to all Solarize participants and is available for advice at anytime.
Solarize Group Purchasing: A Proven Model
Solarize Ventura is designed after similar successful Solarize programs in cities such as Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts, and regions including Ojai Valley, Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County. These programs have effectively built up local solar markets and helped community residents go solar with less hassle and for less money. “Solarized” communities continue to lead the nation in solar installations per capita.
ATTEND A FREE SOLAR WORKSHOP
Attend our introductory workshops to learn about the benefits of going solar and to get all of your questions answered – from technical to financing and leasing questions. The workshops are free and open to everyone.
April 27, 2016, 6:00 – 7:30pm
Ventura City Hall, Community Meeting Room, 501 Poli St.
May 18, 2016 6:00 – 7:30pm
Sacred Heart Church 10800 Henderson Rd, Ventura, CA 93004
June 1, 2016, 6:00 – 7:30pm
Poinsettia Pavilion 3451 Foothill Road, Ventura